Strictly For Educated Ears

DEAD AND GONE

LIFE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE Just Click HERE

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Live On The Wheels Of Steel



In 2001, Scratch Perverts –
now a settled line up of Tony Vegas, Prime Cuts,
and an Edinburgh-based DJ they’d first met at the age of 15, Plus One,
won the DMC World title.

To Scratch Perverts, hip hop is a melting pot of styles -
The Neptunes, Dillinja, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Squarepusher,
Radiohead, Aphex Twin, and far more.

That’s what ‘FABRICLIVE 22’ is all about.
Listen out for the best UK talent, a run through some eclectic electronica,
and a crazy throwdown of Clipz’ ‘Slippery Slope’, played at three different speeds.
Find three brand new tracks from the trio, including a remix of last year’s Beatdown hero Ian Brown.
London’s Scratch Perverts are all about invention, humour, progression, entertainment,
generosity, and mind-blowing, jaw-dropping talent.

Part One!
Part Two!




Hail three of the greatest DJs the UK has ever produced.
And the best turntablists hip hop has ever known.

DJ Spinbad:
“Music was something that I fell into. It was a way to keep myself off the street:
I saw some of my friends get into trouble and I think it was my escape.
When I first heard Jazzy Jeff I got straight into scratching,
I just tried to mimic all the things on the records.
I collected tracks from school age: for some reason I ended up with this huge collection of 7”s;
a lot of 80s pop, cheesy stuff that was out at the time.”

‘Fabric 14’ is a hip hop mix in the classic style: blasting with energy,
packed-full of hooks, bursting with bass, smooth, fast and fun.
You may have some of these grooves but there’s no mistaking the moves:
this is sunshine funk that you can’t stop smiling at and nodding your head to,
outrageously pieced together as only NYC’s hottest scratch DJ could.

Part One!
Part Two!

No comments:

 
AddMe - Search Engine Optimization